I was challenged to demonstrate the entire manufacturing process for a part, from initial project creation all the way through final documentation using the TopSolid 7 platform. So, this series of videos walks you through the completion of that challenge and demonstrates how TopSolid 7, a very robust design and machining platform, allows users to operate at a much higher plane.
After completing this challenge and making the resulting series of videos available to you, I decided to extend the challenge. To that end, we created the Program Your Part Challenge in which I invite you to challenge me with your problem part and/or manufacturing challenges.
Within this video we are going to build the base fixture plate. While I think you will find the work featured within this video interesting, the video also presents the perfect opportunity to share an assortment of TopSolid 7’s time-saving features. As you watch this video, keep listen for:
- Repetition command under that shape tab that I use to very quickly replicate the pocket I designed
- Drilling by sketch is a very handy feature to very efficiently manage drillings
- Rotative selection is a convenient tool that is accessed by holding my left button down and tapping the right button until I get to the face I want to work on
- TopSolid’s drag and drop functionality allows you to very easily create the relationships you need
- By mousing over a repetition, you can borrow its pattern and apply it elsewhere within your part.
**Organizational Tip ** I always take the time to name my parts as I create them. I just think it is best practice for organizational and findability purposes.
Want to challenge me with a part or manufacturing process problems? Check out the Program Your Part Challenge.