A while back the IMTS 2012 was held in Chicago, USA. Now for those of you not familiar with IMTS it´s a trade fair for the manufacturing industry and IMTS is short for “International Manufacturing Technology Show”. Missler Software has been presented on IMTS for years and this year was no different.
MCAD Café got a chance to interview Missler Software Technical Director Bill Genc who explains TopSolid 7 and the possibilities of next generation CadCam software.
To see the interview, got to the MCAD Café website.
The French TopSolid forum just got updated!
Aswell as getting a well deserved graphical update the forum has also recieved some ” under the hood” updates, one of them being support for Tapatalk.
Support for Tapatalk is nice because it makes it easier for users like me and you to follow what´s going on in the forums using only a smartphone.
Even though the French users can enjoy this update already, the International forum will be updated in the same way in a few weeks time.
In the meantime if you are not familiar with Tapatalk, check out the Tapatalk website.
It´s also about this time of year the latest release of TopSolid 7 is available as a Trial version and this year is no different. TopSolid 7.6 Trial is now available for download at the TopSolid 7 website. So to get the most out of your summer go get it now! =)
Check out this video on how to add text, parameters or symbols to drafts using a text editor.
Keep in mind that TopSolid 7.7 is still in Alpha stage and what you see in this video might differ from the final version.
Source: Missler Software
Missler Software just published a Code of conduct for TopSolid social media. While i have published it here it´s also available at the official TopSolid website.
Code of conduct for TopSolid social media
- Personal attacks (on anyone inside or outside the TopSolid community)
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email etc.) of other users.
- Material which defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Statements which are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of Missler Software.
- Any person actively using these sites is implicitly agreeing to these rules regardless of whether they have been read or not.
Those of you who run betas of TopSolid might have noticed the leap from 2.6 to 3.0 in the early stages of 7.6. The current version inside TopSolid 7.6 is 220.127.116.11.
Even though the version 3.0 doesn´t bring alot of obvious changes in terms of new features in TopSolid there are lot´s going on “behind the scenes”:
- A 100% free API to bridge Redsdk and Parasolid
- Faster anti-aliasing with a better quality
- More built-in shaders
- Support of stereoscopy improved
- New materials added to Redmaterials
- New hardware and custom certifications
Read all about it over at redway3d.com!
Finally, a long, long wait is now over. TopSolid 7.6 including TopSolid’CAM 7.6 has been officially launched.
Of course there are numerous improvements and new features but i guess the big thing in this release is TopSolid’CAM 7.6.
To learn more about TopSolid’CAM 7.6 check out this link.
And TopSolid 2012 also now available and has also got it´s fair share of improvements and new features along the product line. Read more here!
You can read more about this and more in the latest TopSolid’Newsletter which you will find here.
While the release date for Windows 8 is set to be sometime mid 2012 there´s no stopping developers to make sure their products will run properly on Microsofts next version of Windows.
Missler Software is one of those companies and here´s a video of TopSolid’Viewer 7.7 running on Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Notice that the demo is performed on a virtualized environment with Microsoft Hyper V Server 2008 R2. The 3D rendering is pretty limited in a virtual OS, the graphic card is not supported, but this is not the key point in this demo:
Missler Software has validated TopSolid 7.7 on Windows 8 and Windows Server 8.