Ahhh…the life of a mold designer. The beauty of it, and the hard part about it, is that they never really know what they are going to have to deal with from one design to the next.
At TopSolid, we totally understand this. It is why we have written TopSolid specifically to allow you to just do your job. What do I mean?
In the following 5 videos, I am going to show you how to use a core and cavity set that was developed…dare I say…in another cad software!!!
To be super clear here. TopSolid is THE BEST CHOICE for all aspects of your mold design.
But what I am working to point out here is that we don’t get upset when you try to work outside of our solution. Here I am gently poking fun at all of the other Cad software’s that seem to just fall apart when you work outside of their scripted way of life. (You know who you are).
In the following videos you will see for yourself what I am talking about. Here’s what you will be introduced too:
- Importing the core/cavity blocks from a 3rd party software
- Defining them as core and cavity blocks in TopSolid
- Sending the defined blocks into a TopSolid’Mold document and positioning them
- Creating a multi-cavity layout (yes by using our automation on the imported parts)
- Adding a standard DME mold base
- Processing the core and cavity blocks to create pockets (again with automation)
- Deciding that we don’t want pockets, but want to machine the blocks directly in solid in the A and B Plate
- Catching and correcting a small mistake (To show simplicity)
- Adding some ejector pins (again, more automation on the imported parts)
There is where I stop. I think these videos do a great job of speaking for TopSolid. But you be the judge!